I've moved — check out my new blog at cassyfiano.com!

Redirecting in 10 seconds...

Monday, August 6, 2007

Daily Kos: They compassionately hate the troops!

I love when liberals blather on about how tolerant and compassionate they are. Usually, this is either immediately followed or preceded by said liberal doing everything in their power to silence their critics or those who have different viewpoints as them.

It's no secret that they hate the troops. Why, they just openly admitted that they hoped Gen. Petraus came back with a negative report from Iraq, because a positive one would be bad for them politically. The various liberal bastions of America -- like San Francisco, for example -- do everything in their power to demoralize, insult, shut down, attack, and antagonize anyone or anything associated with the military.

And what is the best example of this? Why, popular liberal blog Daily Kos. Actually, popular doesn't quite cover it. Daily Kos is the most visited liberal website in the world. And no one hates our troops and the Iraq war effort more than the Kos Kids.

Statements like this are the norm there:
  • "...I feel nothing over the death of merceneries. They aren't in Iraq because of orders, or because they are there trying to help the people make Iraq a better place. They are there to wage war for profit. Screw them."
  • "Our sons and daughters need to realize that choosing to be a soldier means a decision to place themselves among "the damned," since no matter what they end up doing while on the field of battle, they will eventually be damned.. damned if they do and damned if they do not. Realizing that compliance with a superior's order to shoot and kill the enemy may well lead to the damnation (the self-extirpation) of one's soul. On the other hand, noncompliance will lead to that of being court-martialed."

    And that's just the beginning. I would say that the Kos Kids are just following Washington's lead, in the footsteps of great American leaders such as James Clyburn, House Majority Whip:
    "I think there would be enough support in that group to want to stay the course and if the Republicans were to stay united as they have been, then it would be a problem for us," Clyburn said. "We, by and large, would be wise to wait on the report."

    Many Democrats have anticipated that, at best, Petraeus and U.S. ambassador to Iraq Ryan Crocker would present a mixed analysis of the success of the current troop surge strategy, given continued violence in Baghdad. But of late there have been signs that the commander of U.S. forces might be preparing something more generally positive. Clyburn said that would be "a real big problem for us."

    But no, it is sadly the other way around. Washington is following the example of the Krazy Kos Kids, latching onto their moonbattery with all they've got.

    Witness how Barack Osama Obama, Shrillary Clinton, and John "Silky Pony" Edwards all couldn't get in line fast enough to go to the YearlyKos convention to pander to the extremists. Like it or not, folks, the Kos Kids are mainstream. Welcome to the Democratic Party.

    And how did a soldier get treated at YearlyKos when he dared offer a different opinion from the rest of the moonbats?

    He got shouted down. Here's video:



    Now, a few weeks ago, Daily Kos diarist AWhitneyBrown decided to share his thoughts on our "morally retarded" military (emphasis mine):
    Hello, I’m A. Whitney Brown, and I support our brave troops overseas. We all do and we all should. But what about those troops who are not so brave? Perhaps they just signed up hoping for some extra money for college, for the medical insurance, or even some hot gay military sex. Suddenly they find themselves in Iraq for the fourth or fifth time and they’re not so brave. In fact they're crapping in their pants. Shouldn’t we support them just as much? I think we should. In fact we should support them more, because a brave man does but once, whereas a coward dies a thousand deaths.
    ...
    But to answer the question, what I mean when I say I support our troops is that I actually pay for their food, their ammo, their upkeep, transport, everything. I pay for all of it.
    And I do that not only because I’m a patriotic American, although I am, but also because they take 35% out of my check every week and if I don’t pay it I will end up in jail.
    That is what I mean by ‘I support our troops’. I mean I am involuntarily, under threat of prison, forced to pay for their support. Now do I resent that?
    You’re damn right I do. Because it is stupid as hell.
    Other countries pay taxes, but they get something for it, like health care. What do I get? I get to kill a bunch of Iraqis. Whoopdeedoo.
    ...
    So yes, I resent my support for the killing of Iraqis for which I get not even a memento or trophy. But do I still support the individual men and women who have given so much to serve their country?
    No. I think they’re a bunch of idiots. I also think they’re morally retarded. Because they sign a contract that says they will kill whoever you tell me to kill. And that is morally retarded.
    Friends, the most important moral decision a man makes in the course of a day is "Who am I going to kill today?"
    That’s a decision you should agonize over, dream about, rehearse in your mind for hours, not just leave up to some hare-brained President you didn’t even vote for.
    A man’s killing list is a very personal matter. It should be between him and those persistent voices in his head.
    So to sum up, I don’t like our troops, I don’t like what they’re doing, I don’t like their fat, whining families, and yet, I support them. Thank God I live in a free country. Thank You.

    More recently, he's decided to keep up the asshattery, claiming his hatred for our military is because he's compassionate (emphasis mine, again):
    Michelle Malkin just mentioned on Fox that I called our troops 'morally retarded".
    But her criticism was mild compared to what I received here.
    I was not misunderstood nor taken out of context, an attempt at humor did not go astray, no, the truth is my view is genuinely despised. I can understand why. Nobody wants to think of themselves or their loved ones morally deficient.
    Nevertheless, I admonish not from anger or to mock, but from compassion.

    Get it? He only insults the selfless sacrifice of our troops because he cares. Sniffle. Let's carry on, and I'll spare you all of his drivel about how he thinks the military chain-of-command works, and skip right to the good part:
    To surrender the judgement of that most critical question, who should I kill today, would be irresponsible in the extreme, in such a case.
    Such recklessness would indicate a fundamental failure of the innate moral facility. That is what I mean by morally retarded.
    For this view, I have been called Anti-Military.
    My response is this: Who on earth could be Pro-Military!
    The purpose of a military is to kill. It is at best a necessary evil. Necessary only because someone else has a military that threatens our survival.
    Pro-Military? That's like being Pro-Abortion! Or Pro-chemo-therapy!
    A military is an extortion demanded of us by other militaries, a practical acquiesence to the world as it is, but only a sadist, a brute, a glory-monger, a thief or a tyrant can look at a military as a good thing, noble in itself.
    Only a society blind with avarice or fear would see a military as anything other than an indictment of our inability to persuade!
    And yes, an indictment of our courage to try.
    Meanwhile, I still, under threat of prison, involuntarily, support our troops with 35 percent forcibly taken from every paycheck.

    Don't it just fill your heart with pride?

    Maybe it does for a certain type of person (three are running for President), but not me. I think it's disgusting, despicable, and if this... the urge to use a much worse word is overwhelming, but I'll stick with asshat doesn't want to support our troops, then why doesn't he just leave? If he's got such a problem with it, he can leave. No one will miss ya, buddy.

    Yet, Shrillary, Osama Obama, and the Breck Girl are groveling at the feet of the Krazy Kos Kids.

    Yes, this is exactly who I want running our country -- people who will grovel at the feet of Markos Moulitsas and his Krazy Kids.

    But, you know, don't question extremist liberals' patriotism or anything. Because they just LOVE America AND our military.

    Previous:
    But STILL don't question their patriotism!
  • 0 comments: