I've moved — check out my new blog at cassyfiano.com!

Redirecting in 10 seconds...

Monday, June 4, 2007

Paris Hilton checks in!

After attending the MTV Video Music Awards as a presenter, Paris Hilton turned herself in to LA authorities, two days earlier than she had to. She was accompanied by her mother, sister, and lawyer to the Men's Central Jail in Los Angeles and then driven to the women's prison in Lynwood where she will serve her 23 day sentence, a plan devised by the LA sheriff to avoid a crush of paparazzi.

According to TMZ.com, she will be in solitary confinement 23 out of 24 hours every day.

Through her lawyer, Paris said:

"I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation. During the past few weeks, I have had a lot of time to think and have come to realize I made some mistakes. This is an important point in my life and I need to take responsibility for my actions. In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make. I want to thank my family, friends and fans for their continued support. Although I am scared, I am ready to begin my jail sentence."


Blah, blah, blah. What I'm sure this really means is that Paris saw poll numbers showing her that over 90% of Americans wanted to see her in prison, and she (or her agent) realized that doing time would be the smarter move for her to make, rather than draw it out with appeals. Either way, it's nice to finally see a celebrity actually have to face the music for, you know, breaking the law.

1 comments:

Scott Jacobs said...

Enjoy lockdown, you waste of skin...

And boy, I can't wait for her diary of her 23 days in jail to be published...

No, really, I can't wait...

I mean, what else would I use to litter train a puppy?