I've moved — check out my new blog at cassyfiano.com!

Redirecting in 10 seconds...

Friday, October 19, 2007

The Pete Stark Rant

Well, everyone's heard of the Pete Stark Rant, but if you haven't, here it is:



Here is, of course, the money quote:
"You don't have money to fund the war on children. But you're going to spend it to blow up innocent people if he can get enough kids to grow old enough for you to send to Iraq to get their heads blown off for the President's amusement." -- Democrat Pete Stark on the House Floor.

A lot of people are acting shocked and apalled by what he said, and while I certainly think it was offensive, the first thing that came to my mind when I heard him speak was not shock.

No, as soon as he started speaking, I thought, "Wait a second... no way... is he... is he drunk?!"

Seriously. Maybe he and Ted Kennedy had a wild night or something, but the way he was speaking... what he was saying... he had to have been wasted. He's practically slurring his speech! The entire time he was talking I was waiting for him to lose his balance and fall down. It may not be the most intelligent observation out there, but honest to God, it was my very first thought.

And personally, I agree with Neal Boortz -- don't ask the scumbag to apologize. Condemn what he said all you want, call him a flaming asshole if you're so inclined. But demanding an apology is futile. If he does then apologize, you know it doesn't mean anything because he isn't genuinely sorry. It's because he wants to save his ass. So rip him to shreds all you want, but demanding an apology is about as worthless as asking Ted Kennedy not to have another drink.

0 comments: