I've moved — check out my new blog at cassyfiano.com!

Redirecting in 10 seconds...

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Kennedy to publish his memoirs

I wonder what he'll write about Chappaquiddick.

Yes, folks, Teddy himself has sold the rights to his "memoirs" for a whopping $8 million.
The memoirs of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, the youngest and last surviving brother of the America's most famous political siblings and for decades an eminent liberal statesman and legislator, have been acquired by an imprint of the Hachette Book Group USA.

Financial terms were not disclosed, but a publishing official with knowledge of the negotiations said the agreement was comparable to the $8 million Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton received for "Living History" and the $9 million former British Prime Minister Tony Blair will reportedly get for his planned memoir.

The New York Times reported that Kennedy received an advance of more than $8 million.

"I've been fortunate in my life to grow up in an extraordinary family and to have a front row seat at many key events in our nation's history," Kennedy, 75, said in a statement. "I hope my reflections can contribute to a deeper understanding of many events in the history of this great country and to a more in-depth picture of an American family."

Yes, this will be fascinating. He can explain all about Mary Jo Kopechne and the "accident" at Chappaquiddick. He can tell us all about how he was expelled for cheating at Harvard. He can list his favorite liquors, so that we all can be a drunken buffoon like him.

Jeez, I can't wait. Sounds like a real page-turner, huh? This could be Teddy's version of OJ Simpson's "If I Did It", right?

Right?

Hat Tip: Liberty Pundit

8 comments:

alacrityfitzhugh said...

It was a dark and stormy night...

Anonymous said...

"Oh Gawd, my livah huhts. It feels like my kidneys are made of Play-doh. My, ah, nose looks like a mawp of New Juhsey."

Anonymous said...

Now appearing at your local Barnes & Noble bargain bin!

Scott Jacobs said...

I'm betting that chpter gets skipped...

alacrityfitzhugh said...

James Taranto had a good line:

"Mary Jo Kopechne could not be reached for comment"

LC Scotty said...

Some one else (I can't recall who) opined that the preface would be authored by Kennedy's dog, Splash. Yes, he really does have a dog named splash.

LC Scotty said...

BTW, Fitzhugh-love the moniker. I can't remember who wrote the trilogy but it was some of the funniest Sci-Fi I've ever read.

alacrityfitzhugh said...

It was the late Bryan Daley...good stuff!