I've moved — check out my new blog at cassyfiano.com!

Redirecting in 10 seconds...

Friday, November 23, 2007

Q & A: Protestors in Washington

Gothguy said...
Cassy,

Recently, Olympia, Washington, was besieged with protesters. While they have a right to protest, they do not have a right to vandalize property.

What are your thoughts on the state of Washington's lack of enforcing their laws regarding this?

My thoughts on them are the same as the thoughts of any other sane individual: they should be locked up.

I don't begrudge anyone their right to protest. I do, however, think there is a difference between protesting (and freedom of speech/freedom of expression) and breaking the law. Just because you are "expressing an opinion", it does not give you the right to vandalize property or hinder our military.

And as far as I'm concerned, that is their worst offense. I think the entire lot of them should be charged with treason. Trying to prevent our military from winning is the same as providing aid and comfort to our enemies in my book. You can agree or disagree with that thought, but... that's how I see it.

And as far as Washington's lack of enforcing their laws... what did you expect? It's a liberal state. Why would they enforce their laws when these protestors are pushing forth a liberal agenda? I have no doubt that Washington would react more harshly if this was taking place, say, in front of an abortion clinic.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spot on answer.