I've moved — check out my new blog at cassyfiano.com!

Redirecting in 10 seconds...

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Interview with the Pakistani Spectator

A few days ago, I got an e-mail from the Pakistani Spectator asking if I would give my consent for an interview. Of course I said yes, and it was published today. They asked me a LOT of questions about blogging, some about politics, and a few personal questions about me. Here's a sampling:
  • I’m wondering what some of your memorable experiences are with blogging?

    I’ve had a LOT of great experiences. I’ve been able to write for a presidential candidate, Duncan Hunter, which was incredible to me. I’ve been able to meet a lot of new people, who I consider to be great friends, and really being able to do any of this at all is exciting to me. Maybe it’s because I’m still new to this, but I’m thrilled anytime anyone, anywhere links me, or when my traffic spikes. Just being able to blog at all is a great experience.

  • Do you think [the use of Twitter and other social networking tools by politicians] is bandwagon jumping or what?

    Not in the least; I think it’s savvy marketing. You want to get your message out to as many people as possible, and that means using all the available tools, including social networking sites. Politicians also talk a lot about wanting to reach out to young voters, and this is a great way for them to do just that.

  • If you could pick a travel destination, anywhere in the world, with no worries about how it’s paid for - what would your top 3 choices be?

    Picking just three places would be insanely difficult! I’m a huge history freak, and so there are just so many places I would want to see. But if I have to choose three, number one would be Egypt, hands down. Egypt is number one on my list of places to see before I die. Number two would be Greece, and number three would be Israel. All three are for the same reasons — there is just such incredible history and culture to see. I would love to just be able to immerse myself into these places. The only bad thing is that I’d want to see absolutely everything, which may not really be possible in one trip!

  • Please go check out the interview. Of course I think it's a good read, but I hope that you will, too.

    0 comments: