I've moved — check out my new blog at cassyfiano.com!

Redirecting in 10 seconds...

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Movin' on up...

So, this is a pretty pointless post. But I kind of want to get this out there anyways.

I started blogging about a year ago, with zero readers and zero clue what I was doing. John Hawkins helped me out a lot, but for the most part I was kind of stumbling along in the dark. I climbed up to about 200 hits a day, and then just stayed there. For the rest of the year.

Well, the past month, my site trackers have been telling me that I'm averaging about 1,000 hits a day -- some days up to 1,500. This by no means makes me a big girl blogger -- I have a long way to go yet -- but it's very, very exciting to me! It really boggles my mind that there are 1,000 people who want to read what I have to say, someone with no political background who started out as a sports writer and is pretty much just figuring things out as I go. I've got some of my favorite bloggers, like Rachel Lucas and Melissa Clouthier linking me and telling me they love my blogs. Again, this just baffles my mind. This kind of progress is a little surprising, and a lot thrilling.

Anyways, I guess I just want to say thank you to all of you who are sticking around here, all of you that have been here from the beginning or stumbled across my humble little blog and decided to stay. This is really my dream job, and I'm so thankful that I'm actually able to grow in it. And, yes, I'll be a little cheesy -- none of it could've happened without you, my dear readers. So, THANK YOU. Y'all are teh best. ;)

9 comments:

mkfreeberg said...

Well yeah, that was nice to see. Better lose that weight though.

Just kidding. That guy's a jerk and you look fine.

Really appreciate your unique insight on the issues of the day. You've got a great blog here, keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I adore your blog. You aren't giving yourself enough credit. Another success story that should inspire the rest of us to continue putting our work out there. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the success! One question though - how do you make money as a blogger?

mkfreeberg said...

Oh, I forgot. I made a short list of all the cool things about you a few days ago, here: http://mkfreeberg.webloggin.com/go-hit-cassy/

But as I'm sure you've figured out by now, we're not called "The Blog That Nobody Reads" for nothing. So we can't claim credit for those thousand hits a day, or whatever. We do think you're awesome, though.

Anonymous said...

you're not very pretty, are you? maybe if you drop some weight.

I R A Darth Aggie said...

who started out as a sports writer

Well, that hasn't stopped Keith Olbermann...wait...that didn't come out right... ;-)

kate: GWB isn't the most dangerous. In fact, he seems to be rather mild. There are plenty of folks who either want to cut your head off, or make you wear a burkha, or worse simply because you don't share their faith.

annoymous 5:59: go to eye doctor, your visual accuity seems to be...off.

Anonymous said...

Are those troll comments for real?

Or do Kate and "anonymous" (the 2nd one) still think it's April Fool's Day?

Or am I missing an inside joke?

If they're real, Cassy, I would recommend you delete them and ban those commenters. My experience has been that if you let shit like that stand, they'll come back again and again, and they'll attract more like themselves.

Much like cockroaches.

A zero-tolerance policy for personal insults and name-calling has kept my comment section one of the most civil and productive out there. You ARE going to grow more and get more traffic and if I were you, I'd start how with the Hammer of Death on that type of comment.

Of course you'll get the standard "you're crushing my freedom of speech!!!" lecture, but you know what? SCREW THEM. This is your blog; your name is on it, not theirs.

I wasn't gonna say any of that until I knew if they were real or fake (as in, your friends just messing with you) but I couldn't resist anyway. Just in case. None of my business but I adore you and want you to be HAPPY blogging, not fighting trolls.

Melissa Clouthier said...

Cassy,

You know I love you tons! You have an awesome future, woman. Tear it up! And Rachel is right. Squish the bugs.

Anonymous said...

Well, at the risk of being equally cheesy, "You're welcome."

But seriously, you have a sharp mind, a quick wit, and can back up your opinions rather well. I, for one, am a fan because of the insights that you express, and how well you do it.

For what it's worth, I agree with Rachel about crushing those who refuse to post comments in your blog without at least a modicum of civility.

Be quick, ruthless, and unrepentant, if for no other reason than that it's a waste of bandwidth for these pointless posts to exist.