It's been relatively quiet on the homefront since 9-11. The media and the "America-loving" Democrats have been utterly and completely focused on making us lose the war on terror we're currently fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. Most of the nation seems to have forgotten why exactly it is we're fighting over there. Yes, it's for our freedom; yes, it's to build a stable Iraq, thus giving us a second ally in the Middle East; yes, it's about eradicating Al Qaeda.
There was also that one other thing.
On September 11, 2001, over three thousand innocent people were murdered by nineteen bloodthirsty hijackers. We lost the World Trade Center; a whole was blasted into the side of the Pentagon, and a plane would've likely flown into the White House or the Capitol were it not for the actions of the brave passengers on board Flight 93.
This was hardly the first attack we've seen, though. In 1979, Iranian Muslim extremists took over the U.S. Embassy, keeping the staff hostage. In 1982, the U.S. Embassy in Beirut was bombed. In 1983, U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut were bombed. In 1985, an Italian cruise ship was seized by Muslim extremists and an American was killed and thrown overboard. In 1986, a West Berlin club known to be frequented by American soldiers was bombed, killing an American.
In 1993, we saw the first World Trade Center attack.
In 1995, a car bomb set off by Muslim extremists killed five Americans and wounded 30 more in Saudi Arabia. In 1996, Air Force barracks in Saudi Arabia were bombed by Muslim extremists. In 1998, U.S. Embassies in both Kenya and Tanzania were bombed.
In 2000, Muslim extremists attacked the U.S.S. Cole, killing 19 and injuring 39.
And since 9-11, they haven't exactly been taking a break. Fox News has just released a list of known terror plots -- thwarted, obviously -- since 9-11.
• December 2001, Richard Reid: British citizen attempted to ignite shoe bomb on flight from Paris to Miami.
• May 2002, Jose Padilla: American citizen accused of seeking "dirty bomb," convicted of conspiracy.
• September 2002, Lackawanna Six: American citizens of Yemeni origin convicted of supporting Al Qaeda. Five of six were from Lackawanna, N.Y.
• May 2003, Iyman Faris: American citizen charged with trying to topple the Brooklyn Bridge.
• June 2003, Virginia Jihad Network: Eleven men from Alexandria, Va., trained for jihad against American soldiers, convicted of violating the Neutrality Act, conspiracy.
• August 2004, Dhiren Barot: Indian-born leader of terror cell plotted bombings on financial centers (see additional images).
• August 2004, James Elshafay and Shahawar Matin Siraj: Sought to plant bomb at New York's Penn Station during the Republican National Convention.
• August 2004, Yassin Aref and Mohammed Hossain: Plotted to assassinate a Pakistani diplomat on American soil.
• June 2005, Father and son Umer Hayat and Hamid Hayat: Son convicted of attending terrorist training camp in Pakistan; father convicted of customs violation.
• August 2005, Kevin James, Levar Haley Washington, Gregory Vernon Patterson and Hammad Riaz Samana: Los Angeles homegrown terrorists who plotted to attack National Guard, LAX, two synagogues and Israeli consulate.
• December 2005, Michael Reynolds: Plotted to blow up refinery in Wyoming, convicted of providing material support to terrorists.
• February 2006, Mohammad Zaki Amawi, Marwan Othman El-Hindi and Zand Wassim Mazloum: Accused of providing material support to terrorists, making bombs for use in Iraq.
• April 2006, Syed Haris Ahmed and Ehsanul Islam Sadequee: Cased and videotaped the Capitol and World Bank for a terrorist organization.
• June 2006, Narseal Batiste, Patrick Abraham, Stanley Grant Phanor, Naudimar Herrera, Burson Augustin, Lyglenson Lemorin, and Rotschild Augstine: Accused of plotting to blow up the Sears Tower.
• July 2006, Assem Hammoud: Accused of plotting to hit New York City train tunnels.
• August 2006, Liquid Explosives Plot: Thwarted plot to explode ten airliners over the United States.
• May 2007, Fort Dix Plot: Six men accused of plotting to attack Fort Dix Army base in New Jersey.
• June 2007, JFK Plot: Four men accused of plotting to blow up fuel arteries underneath JFK Airport in New York.
• March 2007, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed: Mastermind of Sept. 11 and author of numerous plots confessed in court in March 2007 to planning to destroy skyscrapers in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago.
Democrats are seemingly unconcerned about all of this. To them, Islam is a religion of peace, and no one would be attacking us if the United States wasn't so narrow-minded, bigoted, hate-filled, and oppressive. If we would just be more sensitive to the demands of the practitioners of the religion of peace, and be good little Dhimmis like they are in Europe, then everything would be OK, right?
News flash: it doesn't matter how much we submit or coddle them. They want total submission or death. Democrats seem to have forgotten that we aren't just fighting for freedom or retaliation; defeating Al-Qaeda is not just so that we can "strike back". We're fighting for our own survival, and getting rid of Al-Qaeda is a very large part of that.
We've got Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton as the possible future President. Neither one of them gives a damn about our national security, and neither do the Dems in Congress. They just let the current law allowing our government to gather intelligence and information (without having to go through the time-consuming red tape of getting a warrant) expire without any indication that they'll pass new legislation to make up for that damaging loss of intel. Barack Obama has called for huge cuts in defense spending, development of future combat systems, and ballistic missile programs. Hillary Clinton would do the same things -- her husband weakened our military drastically as President -- and while her new ad says she should be the person answering that phone in the middle of the night, she already showed us how the Clintons handle such national security emergencies during her husband's presidency. They do nothing.
We can't forget that there are still bloodthirsty murderers out there who want to kill us and terrorize us until we are beaten into submission or conversion. The list provided by Fox News shows that they haven't forgotten about us; can we afford to forget about them? We have so much more to lose than they do.