I've moved — check out my new blog at cassyfiano.com!

Redirecting in 10 seconds...

Monday, March 31, 2008

Want to date a hot conservative woman?

Then you should go check out the new article on just that at Right Wing News: Interviewing Six Conservative Female Bloggers on Dating. I was one of the bloggers my friend John interviewed (and there's pictures of all six of us, by the way!), along with another friend of mine, Melissa Clouthier. We were also joined by four other talented ladies, who I do not know but respect very much: Karol Sheinin of Alarming News, Sharon Soon from Conservatives with Attitude, Michelle Odis from Human Events, and Dawn Eden.

We were asked about the difference in dating conservatives and liberals, about our pet peeves, why we think women have such bad luck in dating... the article runs the gamut. The article has some liberals all in a tizzy -- maybe it's because I said stuff like this:
I tend not to date liberals, for a reason. Politics is so important to what I do and I follow it so much. I can't respect a guy who's liberal all that much because it makes me question his intelligence. So, that's a big minus because I'm thinking how smart can this guy be if he thinks John Kerry is a great politician? (Laughs) If he thinks Barack Obama would be a great President, I think, gee, how bright could this guy be?

Go check it out. Read the whole thing, if you're interested in the opinions of six beautiful, intelligent women on dating. And come on, why wouldn't you be? (wink, wink)

9 comments:

mkfreeberg said...

From the years when I was available...

...I'm just thinking, dang. Every single word you wrote in that article could have come straight from me. With, y'know, the genders flipped 'round.

Yeah, I don't know why the online thing gets the stigma it does. We do tend to act a little weird on subjects that, for one reason or another, intermingle computer literacy and overall sex appeal. Kinda bizarre.

Anonymous said...

Cassy, you've been blogging a lot about dating lately. Are you suggesting that you are perhaps available to a hot liberal man? Is age an issue? You can be honest, but don't crush me now. Us forty-something guys need a chance to experience that middle-aged crazy moment without being swatted.

You can call me "Harvey" until I get an answer...is your boyfriend history?

Anonymous said...

Of course I'm interested in the opinions of six beautiful, intelligent women. Who wouldn't be?

Regrettably, I just didn't find any of the above at the link you provided, just some narrow-minded harridans with questionable taste in clothing.

Maybe my Internets isn't working?

Anonymous said...

SteveC: Wow, 2002, much? You gotta get some new material. Maybe you can Cassy can date. That oughta be good for a few dozen punchlines. I'll get you started: "I'm attracted to a blogger with a GUNT because ..."

Anonymous said...

All I see from main stream supposedly "conservative" and so called "liberal" political bloggers is personal attacks and character assassination. All wars are always based on deception, so the question we must ask ourselves is...who is the enemy of freedom really? You are clever and you are hot but what would you give up for my freedom?

Sincerely,
United We Stand-USA

Anonymous said...

Anon,

You should call your ISP - your "Internets" is definitely broken. :) The article was exactly as advertised for me...

Anonymous said...

And come on, why wouldn't you be?

Well, normally I would be greatly intested in the ideas that hot, smart conservative women have on dating, but my wife might be less than thrilled at my seeking out more information on this particular subject.

Baz said...

I think you're confusing liberalism with loser-ism. The conservatives I've known have been the shadiest, greediest, most manipulative, self-centered people I've ever known (except for my Goldwater-Republican dad, and frankly, I think he'd be called a liberal in today's environment). Look into how dubya earned his wealth from the Rangers stadium tax-hike deal. That's the sort of thing I'm talking about.
Most conservative columnists I've read engage in dubious emotional thinking, sloppy reasoning, and generally a poor mastery of writing skills. For example, "if he's liberal, he can't be that intelligent." Really? What does that even mean? Concrete substance, please.
Liberals think you shouldn't *need* a gun to defend yourself. That's the point of gun control. Take a martial arts class if you're really that scared. But statistically, you shouldn't be scared unless you live in North Philly or something.
Liberals are fine with making money *ethically*.
Most liberals I know go to church regularly, but don't give me hard time that I don't.
I can tell you most of the policy differences between Obama and Clinton, and have real reasons why I like Obama better. He's not perfect, but then who is?
But the bottom line is, don't write about things that you clearly know nothing about, such as liberals.

Baz said...

Oh, and one more thing:
Do you believe women should get equal pay for equal work?
Do you think a woman's life choices are her own and no one else's? (Of course, where family choices are involved, negotiation and compromise with the other members is necessary, of course).
Do you think women should be allowed to do any work for which they're qualified?
Do you think education is just as important for women as it is for men?
Do you think women deserve the same respect and freedom from gender-based humiliation that men receive?
If you answered "yes" to those questions, then I hate to break it to you, but you're a feminist.