I've moved — check out my new blog at cassyfiano.com!

Redirecting in 10 seconds...

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Video of the Day

I don't often have much use for The Daily Show, but occasionally, it can be really funny.

Here's a video of correspondent Rob Riggle reporting on the Berkeley situation. There's lots of snortworthy quotes that really made me wonder -- how do these people actually believe what they're saying? I mean, when they hear this stuff played back, are they not embarassed? Ugh.

Here's a few examples:
I kind of felt like how the Iraqis probably felt, like we were being occupied here in Berkeley.

The Marines are not a moral influence.

We are hugging, we are hugging, we are hugging for a peaceful world!

Rob Riggle: If only there was an organization sworn to defend that free speech!
Code Pinko: That would be great!

The Marines, we don't need to be worrying about their rights. It's not an equal relationship.

Rob Riggle: So if we got rid of police, we wouldn't have crime?
Code Pinko: Essentially.

Well, just think, if we had a Department of Peace, it could reach down into every community and talking about peace studies and conflict resolution...


Enjoy. There are laughs abound in this video. Code Pink and Berkeley hippies, be ashamed.



Hat Tip: Hot Air

3 comments:

Scott Jacobs said...

"Rob Riggle: If only there was an organization sworn to defend that free speech!
Code Pinko: That would be great!"

I wonder if the lefties realize the Daily Show was mocking them the entire time.

I'll say this for Stewart and his show: They have no issue slamming the left.

Anonymous said...

If you're going to advertise hugging and kissing for peace, then you better be freakin hot! Otherwise you push people to war.

Unknown said...

So kidding gredd, only I hippie would think those people were hot. I guess the hippie generation (baby boomers) is still out there.